Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What I Wore and Design*Sponge Book Tour

This post is more about the book signing than what I wore -- I've just always wanted to do a "what I wore" post, and have never really been anywhere to write one of these! UNTIL NOW! {Woohoo!} Get ready for some book signing eye candy! Last week I had the PLEASURE of meeting Grace Bonney, the girl behind Design*Sponge and author of Design*Sponge at Home! {Squeal!} When I heard her book tour was coming to Beverly Hills, I new I HAD to be there!! And it was worth the drive, babysitter, time and effort because it was book signing bliss!!

This girl doesn’t meet a woman like Grace Bonney every day so, WHAT TO WEAR?? I didn’t want to be over or under dressed, so I went with something a little fun. It is probably the only time this year my purse has matched my shoes and that alone is worth a picture:

DSC02111

The book signing was at an Anthropologie store and that blue dress is from Anthropologie, so I figured I couldn’t go wrong. I then coordinated with my go to color: Red. When in doubt, wear red. Enough said. ;o)

It was so much fun to get dressed up!! But let me tell you, there was so much beauty in the d├ęcor, food and style at the book signing, no one was looking at my dress. For starters, this was the entrance into Anthropologie:

la5


And the beauty continued within. Here is the luscious table setting:

These are gingerbread cookies!

DSC02119

DSC02115


Chocolate treats...

DSC02116

DSC02118

DSC02121


And of course chilled wine and water...

DSC02120

DSC02117



There was also this cool chalkboard that was a backdrop for photos that evening. {Yes, I got picture in front of it!!} Can you see my name? :)

DSC02124

DSC02123

I also made a new blog friend – Leah from Decouvrir and Beverly Hills Alabama! {She's blogging her life & times as an Alabama girl making it in Beverly Hills! - What a thrill!} ;o)
We got our picture in front of that sign together, so I hope they'll uploading it on the Design*Sponge blog soon!

But the bestest, BEST, part was meeting Grace Bonney!!


Almost there…

DSC02126

{YAY!!}

DSC02128


She was SO nice and even shook my hand! {Like she had a choice! Ha!} :)

DSC02130

Woo hoo!

DSC02143

Did I tell you I collect books signed by the author?!?! I have done this since I was 19 years old. So this event was even more special and I am SO excited to add this book to my collection!!

I didn't waste any time cracking that book of blog and design goodness open. So nowadays, if you are to pop by my house, you’ll probably find a scene similar to this…

DSC02147

I love all things interior design and am learning a lot from this book already! There are also some deep thoughts too. Favorite quote so far: “design is about inspiration, not snobbism. It’s about empowerment, self-expression and pluck” and of course, “great design doesn’t have to come with a high price tag or require a professional degree.” {Maybe all we need is this book!} If you want your own copy I’ve included the link here: http://www.amazon.com/Design-Sponge-Home-Grace-Bonney/dp/1579654312
I know you'll enjoy it!!

There are still book tour dates available! Check the Design*Sponge book page to see if Grace {yes, we're on a first name basis now} will be in a city near you! :)

Happy reading!!

pleated poppy

8 comments:

Ashley @ LaLuce said...

sounds like a great time!!! those gingerbread cookies look so good! love the red bag

Nicole @ Miss Mommy said...

Hi!. Following you through our blog hop :). Thanks for linking up :)

Mackeys Moments said...

hi! new follower! adorable blog and your outfits are precious! love them!

Brit @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

Love the shoes and purse, they pull it all together perfectly! looks like you had an awesome time! Newest follower from the blog hop :)
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Gallamore West said...

You look so cute! And that looks sooo fun :)
xo,
Laurie

Em @ And Nothing Else Matters said...

Thanks so much for joining in on our Tag-Along Thursday blog hop, following your fab blog. Em

Lindsay said...

You are SO cute! I love the pop of red! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am so glad that you did!

Tonia @ TheGunnySack.com said...

You look so great! And it looks like you had a fantastic time! Definitely not something the boys would've enjoyed :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...