Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What I Wore: Perseverance


I started a project.

In fact, I started it three weeks ago and thought for sure I would be blogging about it two weeks ago. And here I sit. One more week away from finishing it.

Probably.

It’s pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. Can I say that? And only because my kids are already trying it out, and it may be one of the coolest things I’ve ever done for them.

A labor of love.

And it should have been easy.

Like most things in life always start out.

But then one thing leads to another and you are still one

or two

weeks away from your goal.

But I won’t give up on it. Oh, no. It will be worth the wait!

Just like all good things in life are.

And so I persevere.

Other things in life have taken the front seat.

My son started his first season in lacrosse – and went all the way to the championship game!

My younger son wanted to get baptized! So we went to baptism class, said the prayer and planned the day.

We spent family time in Big Bear.

I added 150 plus grades for the end of the quarter

And am now counting the days before I start my Masters degree.

Persevere.

These are not tough times. They are good times – but they all take time.

And, as I learned in church recently: you only have enough time to do God’s will.
Truth.

And if I ever get overwhelmed with time, I remind myself of that.

And in that time -- did I mention
that I had to make time to put a couch together? Yep!

Talk about perseverance!

It was…

Not fun.

But we did it!
 
Before...

 
 
After...
 

 

 

And seriously, after that, I’m ready to take on another day!

Right now, my life is encompassed with books, and kids, lacrosse and family – and a project.

So, what did I wear this week?

A French manicure, a little drywall... (those go together right?)

 




 

And a can-do attitude!!

 

Sweater: Target
Necklace: The Road Closet


Has that ever happened to you with a project? What is life keeping you busy with right now? What are you persevering through this week?

pleated poppy


“The key question to keep asking is, Are you spending your time on the right things? Because time is all you have. ” ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." ~Gal. 6:9

5 comments:

Chrissy Boerman said...

I love your heart, and your honesty. Thanks for sharing truth with us. Congrats on the amazing project. Is is super comfy? We are looking for a new couch. Ps the manicure is amazing

the Blah Blah Blahger said...

Love the coral and mint combo!

Agnes Mayer said...

Visiting from the blog link up. I"m hosting one tomorrow. Would love it if you joined me.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

Kristine Foley said...

Oh sweet friend! Keep on rockin on! Thank you for inspiring me this week yet again :) XOXOXO

Rachel said...

I didn't even know couches came in such a format that you had to put them together! It looks nice!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...