Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oh my GOODness!! What a busy week! {And it’s only Tuesday! Ha!} Progress reports were due today at work, so I had to get the kiddies grades all in order. But, now that the work is done, my boys and I celebrated with a little treat!! {Remember, I’m not a chef, I just play one on my blog.} We had all “the stuff” to make chocolate chip cookies and we had some bananas…. yes, it was a match made in heaven!

DSC02262

Here are the easy directions!

First, start with your favorite chocolate chip recipe! This recipe from savorysweetlife is one of my favorites, but any mix will do!

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Use a non-stick pan or put parchment paper on a regular pan.

Slice 1 banana {as shown above} for every dozen cookies you make.

Drop about 1/2 a Tablespoon of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet and carefully place one banana slice on top:

DSC02263



Then, place another {approx} 1/2 tablespoon of cookie dough on top of the banana slice. Think banana sandwich! :) And smoosh it together so no banana shows! {I’m sure Emeril uses the word smoosh in his directions right?}

DSC02264



Oh my goodness! I could eat it just like that!!! Anyone else here a cookie dough fan? BUT, I decided to bake them anyways. :)

Bake them for 12-15 minutes {depending on your oven}. While you’re waiting for the cookies to bake, your kids can goof off in clean the kitchen:

DSC02268

OPTION: about half way through, we added another banana slice on top because we LOVE banana! {Just make sure you refrigerate any uneaten cookies!}

DSC02269

This picture was taken about 5 minutes before the cookies were fully done – and it’s the last photo I have because my camera DIED and I can’t get it to turn back on! {Trying not to freak out.} Good thing I have these cookies to make me feel better! ;o) But that means I don’t have a final, FINAL photo of them all baked and pretty. But honestly, without the banana on top they LOOK like your normal every day chocolate chop cookie on the outside, BUT on the inside, when you bite into them – woo hoo! You get a chewy banana chocolate chip flavor that just melts in your mouth!


And, if you’re on a health kick right now, that’s why I added the banana. So these become more HEALTHY. Don’t worry - I got your back. ;o)


Let me know if you try these cookies!! I hope you have a great rest of the week! God Bless!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Lacey said...

I am addicted to cookie dough, I'll admit it. I could easily eat the whole bowl of dough on my own. I'm about to make some chocolate chip cookies right now, I wish I had a banana to try this out and make them more "healthy." :op

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...