Saturday, October 15, 2011

Book Club Party

I loooove books and last night I had the honor of hosting my girlfriends in our very first book club meeting!

IMG_0023

We read Educating Esmé by Esme Raji Codell, a funny but smart diary of a first year teacher. (We ARE all teachers in the group after all! Preachin’ to the choir!} I had read the book in a previous book club years ago {I hope that’s not cheating!} and thought my friends would enjoy it as well. So, to kick off our first meeting, I threw a book themed party! Below are some pictures of our night!


Welcome wreath -- We {heart} Books!!

IMG_0005


IMG_0006

For the tutorial on how to make this wreath, click here.

Book banner.
Let me tell you, maybe it’s the English teacher in me, but it was SO HARD to cut up a book for this banner!! Why do you think I’ve never made one of those super cool book page wreaths? I can’t bare to tear apart a book. It was like Sophie’s Choice. How do I choose? Luckily I found a discarded book of mine in my classroom, ready for the trash, binding falling apart… yes, even that still hurt a little. But this book page bunting banner looks sooooo cute – maybe I will forgive myself one day…

IMG_0003

IMG_0007

Book themed food labels:

IMG_0010

IMG_0016

IMG_0011

IMG_0014

IMG_0015

IMG_0017

IMG_0018


IMG_0019
{I admit – I had to Google “books with Strawberry in the title”. I couldn’t think of one!}


IMG_0012


And a table set for our little quartet:

IMG_0021

IMG_0020
I made those bookmarks and used one of my favorite Pinterest-found quotes!


IMG_0025


IMG_0024
I folded yellow school paper as silverware pockets.


And of course you need friends! One of our girlfriends recently moved back into town and she was the motivation to start this club up again! Thanks girl!!! It was so fun!

IMG_0028

And of course discussion questions about the book --

IMG_0029

It was a great night! I am so glad my girls wanted to start up a book club! Even though reading time can be hard to come by, it is definitely worth the time with friends!

Are you in a book club? What have you read? {We're always looking for ideas!}

Want to read along with us? Our next book is How We Love Our Kids: The Five Love Styles of Parenting by Milan and Kay Yerkovich. I have already heard from a few people how GOOD this book is!! I wonder what style of parent I am… Happy reading!


IMG_0027

Linking here:
Be Different, Act Normal; C.R.A.F.T.; The Gunny Sack; Skip To My Lou; Tip Junkie; Today's Creative Blog



Photobucket

10 comments:

Screaming Sardine said...

What a cool idea for a book club party. Love the book themed labels and that pretty burlap wreath.

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

Karen said...

That is so adorable! I love all the themed food, so creative!!

Lacey said...

How cute! I don't know if a children's book would have worked, but there are a couple books by Julianne Moore called Freckleface Strawberry. They are cute! But I might just think that because I am a "freckleface strawberry" myself. :op

Unknown said...

OMG Reannah I am AMAZED!! This is so freakin' adorable!! The wreath and the book banner are the cutest!! You are so creative my dear :)

Jennifer said...

I love this! I soooo want to do something like this for my book club!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much ladies!! @Lacey -- You are funny! :) And a children's book would have totally worked! I wish I had heard of that series before! {Next time!} ;o)

Unknown said...

It looks like you had such a great time! My daughter used to be in a book club but we all got so busy and haven't been able to meet lately!

Michelle@Crazy For Crafts said...

I just became a follower of your blog...GREAT book club ideas, and have really enjoyed reading your blog!!

J's mom said...

Love it! Please post this, and anything else you may have,in my link party at
http://diycraftstomake.blogspot.com/

Thanks,

Peggy

James said...

I’ve desired to post about something similar to this on one of my blogs and this has given me an idea. Private Tutor Parkland Cool Mat.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...