Monday, May 20, 2013

First World Problems

It began like this:

My son, exclaiming with drama, "Oh no!" in a devastated and forlorn way.

Me (concerned): "What happened?"
Son: "I didn't realize there was still a little milk in my bowl, and it splashed on me when I went to put it in the dishwasher."

Me (Insert sad face): Sounds like a first world problem to me.
Son: A what?
Me: A first world problem. In third world countries their problems can include not enough food to eat , no shoes, or a place to live. You're lucky, you don't have those kinds of problems, so the milk issue -- that's a first world problem.
Son: "Oh."
Cleans up the milk.

"First World Problems" have become our saying now, for those issues in our house that cause drama, but in the scheme of the world, aren't really problems at all. And now I've even started seeing this topic on the web.

I have included some examples for your entertainment. Some of these have actually happened in our house recently and some, well, are just funny.




I created and photoshopped the photos above; the photos below, I found here.
 



 
 




While this topic has put problems into perspective in my house, it has also come full circle.

Me: "Nooooooo!"
Son: "What happened mom?"
Me: "I didn't mean to hit send on a word in Words With Friends. I had just seen a better word."
Son: "Sounds like a first world problem to me."

Thanks son. Thanks. Point taken.

Have you experienced any first world problems in your house lately? Can you relate to any of these photos above? :o)

6 comments:

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Lol!!! I could write a blog post on our 1st world probs everyday! Loved this too funny lady!

Betsy said...

Haha I love the last little story. Kids are great! I've been saying First world problems a lot lately too. It has been helping get a better perspective.

Kari said...

I cant get past level 40 in Candy Crush.
I know, such a travesty.
Love this post.

Pidg said...

Ahh Haha! I'm so going to steal that phrase to torture my kids. As you know I'm always searching for new ways to irritate them. The Nutella isn't funny... that's real man. It gives me the hee-bee-jee-bees to even think about being out! Love it!

Miss Rachel M. said...

I can definitely relate! Candy Crush is literally driving me nuts! I'm also stuck on level 29!

Rachel said...

haha! I love that your son turned around and said it to you, in context! I love Ryan Higa's youtube video about first-world problems. It's hilarious. But then when people are complaining about silly things like that in real life, it can definitely get annoying...

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...