Thursday, May 2, 2013

Garage Organization ~ Sports Equipment

One of my goals this year is to be more organized. (I know - it seems like this is a goal EVERY year - doesn't it?) But this year, I REALLY mean it! Starting with my garage. I have two very active boys. They love to play sports (Organized and just for fun!) and as they get bigger, their stuff seems to get bigger too!! So this year, I am reigning in the clutter, getting rid of A LOT of old equipment they've outgrown and creating organized spaces for the things we want to keep.

So, the first step was creating a space for some of their gear. Pegboard is a popular garage storage item and I actually scored three whole sheets for $2 at a garage sale a while back! Yes, you read that right!$2! I only used one piece for this project -- I still have two more LARGE sheets! I cleaned and painted the pegboard a nuetral gray for the background and then, to give my boys no excuses for putting their things away {wink}, I painted the silhouette of each item on the board in white. Here is the result -- can you guess what goes in each spot?



I think the first one is kind of easy... from left to right... the first item is a lacrosse stick, then their baseball bag, their flag football game bag and the last two are for pool sticks. {About 2 feet away fron this board is our convertable foosball/air hockey/pool table.}

What do you think? I had seen people use the silhouette method for storing tools, and thought it would be a fun way to store our sports equipment. How did I do it? I took each item and traced it lightly with pencil on the pegboard. I then took a small paint brush and outlined the item in white paint. The rest I free hand painted - very slowly and carefully. The baseball bag and pool sticks were fine of course; the lacrosse stick and football bag however.... let's just say I'm glad I didn't have to do any redos! {For once!}

 And now when my boys need to clean up - they will know where everything goes!

Here is what the board looks like with all the equipment on it:





{Hooks used to hang each item}





Garage sports organization: Check!! One project down, only a few {Too many to count!!} to go!! I will show you the rest of the garage as we go. {There's a reason you're not seeing the the rest! lol} But what's next, you ask? A craft space {yay!} and a mini man cave for my little men! More on that soon - I hope!

How about you? Have you started spring cleaning yet? What area would you like to get more organized?

This post is MAN APPROVED! ;)

So I Married A Craft Blogger


Join me on Facebook for more conversations and ideas!

Linking up here, man up link up and tatertots and jello.

6 comments:

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

What a super idea- love it girl! You are getting pretty organized - I must say- the garage is on my list this weekend!

Unknown said...

Haha! I love it! You did a really great job with those silhouettes. I wish I had big sheets of pegboard laying around, begging to be used. Instead I have piles of clutter laying around begging for a pegboard home. ;P Keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

Hey Reannah! I just saw you over at the Man Up Link Up features! I can't ever seem to keep my garage organized. Maybe I should try this but for lawn equipment??

I'd love if you came and linked up at my link party this week. http://www.gingerlymade.com/2013/05/show-tell-25.html

ropadedeporte said...

Hmmmm cool post!!! Well for me that was a huge deal once I visited Ropadedeporte and collected Material Deportivo. During my workout it satisfied my all the needs and made me good looking too  I am loving buy from here and you can also try the same.

Anonymous said...

Really a great blog, it provide the information about the Garage tools. Thanks for sharing it!!

Garage equipment

Anonymous said...

My name is Theresa York, I live in California U.S.A and i am a happy woman today? I told myself that any Loan lender that could change my Life and that of my family after been scammed severally by these online loan lenders, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to Them. he gave happiness to me and my family, although at first i found it hard to trust him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, i was in need of a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life all over as a single parents with 2 kids, I met this honest and GOD fearing loan lender online Mr. Lorenzo Diego that helped me with a loan of $300,000.00 U.S. Dollars, he is indeed a GOD fearing man, working with a reputable loan company. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure to pay back the loan please contact him on (mrlorenzodiegoloafirm@outlook.com and Whatsapp: +1(346) 226-2778  and inform them Theresa York directed you.. Thanks. Bless   

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...