Well, here is my seasonal take on mama’s recipe – and yes, I added extra love just for you:
You will need:
- 1 box of your favorite yellow cake mix
- 1 10 oz. can of whole cranberries in sauce (or make your own with fresh cranberries)
- 1 14oz. can of apple pie filling.
- 1 – 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- Pour the apples in the bottom of a 9x13 pan and spread evenly
- Pour the cranberries on top on the apples and carefully spread evenly
- Pour the yellow cake mix evenly (do you see a trend here?) on top of the cranapple mixture. Don’t press too hard, just gently spread across the top!
- Pour the butter evenly on top of the yellow cake mix. I used one stick but wished I used two.
- Spread the butter (you guessed it – EVENLY) over the yellow cake mix.
- (OPTIONAL: pour cake mix into a bowl, then add butter and mix to a crumble, then pour on top of your fruit.) Believe it or not, both methods work!
Let cool and enjoy!!
Do you have a favorite family recipe you make over the holidays? Let me know in the comments! Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway for your chance to win a jute growth chart
and a $10 iTunes gift card!! Enter here!
I’m sharing this recipe here and at the Get Your Chef On Link party with Four Marrs and One Venus and White Lights on Wednesday!