Monday, April 9, 2012

The One With All the Cupcakes {And Easter too}


Happy Easter friends! We had a fabulous day with our family and I hope you did too! Our morning started with a hunt around our house for the boys' Easter baskets! {Hiding them never gets old!} :) And I'm glad that the boys still enjoy searching for them!

After our morning, it was off to see my family!
My family lives near L.A. so I knew one stop we had to make on our way to their house...

The Sprinkles Cupcake ATM

That's right! There is only ONE Cupcake ATM in the world and it is minutes from my parent's home! Need I say more? Why bring flowers on Easter Sunday when you can bring a cupcake? :):)

Here are some fun photos of our mini adventure. 

I have seen pictures of 50-60 people at a time waiting in line to get a cupcake at this ATM. Today, there was only ONE person! (Yeah!)

{It was a sunny morning, so they even had a girl standing outside with an umbrella to shade the guests!} :)

After you purchase your cupcake, the ATM video screen shows how the machine magically grabs your cupcake of choice and delivers it right into your hand! {Almost - it feels that magical! :)} If you want a video of how the ATM really works, click here!

Here is the ATM:


That little round tube turns around and opens up for you to get your cupcake!


Be careful though -- if you stop to take a picture you'll be fine. But if you don't like the first picture you took and stop to take a SECOND picture, you might almost lose a hand as the cupcake turnstile begins to move with your cupcake still in it and then you try to grab that little box before it disappears... {ahem} yeah, so be careful! ;-)

I think I'm a little TOO happy to have a cupcake in my hand! lol

{Hello! I just noticed someone's head is ABOVE my shoulder. Whaaaat?}

Of course, you could also go INSIDE the Sprinkles cupcake shop like a regular person ;-) There's lots of eye candy in there too!


My boys got the S'mores cupcake and the Milk Chocolate. I got the Chocolate Marshmallow cupcake for myself and the Black & White and Red Velvet cupcakes as gifts! I really can't recommend a certain flavor because they were ALL good!!

{Chocolate Marshmallow Cupcake}

If you want to find a Sprinkles Cupcakes near you click here: Sprinkles Cupcakes!

But the only one with an ATM is in Beverly Hills. :)

{PS - Sprinkles Cupcakes is actually on Santa Monica Blvd. about a block from Rodeo Drive; I just loved this picture!}
 
After our little cupcake detour - we spent the rest of the afternoon with my family. We had delicious food {thanks mom!}, more Easter treats, movies and just a GREAT time! My boys and I talked about Jesus and the Easter story and why it's not all about candy and Easter baskets. Each year they get older, I think the story starts to sink in a little more. :) I also love that what we remember from Easter and days like this is not just the cupcakes, or the Easter baskets and treats. Our favorite moments are always the TIME we get to spend with the ones we love. TIME is more valuable than any cupcake or Easter basket could ever be. Especially when you spend your time like this!


Happy Easter friends!

The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."
So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples.{Matt.28}


Photobucket

1 comments:

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

That ATM is Awesome!! So fun Reannah! And I loved the last photo of the boys .. looks like getting tickled..CUTE! Happy Easter!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...