Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Real Woman of Genius {Take 2}

So, earlier I “invented” an embellished wipe dispenser into a chic plastic bag holder. {You really should check out this amazingness.} And last night, I had another 'Aha!' moment!

And the story goes… I was cleaning up from dinner last night, a little frustrated that Little Man just LEFT the empty Pringles can and lid on the counter after packing his lunch. {Okay, but I guess he gets props for making his own lunch, so he is quickly forgiven.} I, personally, left a can half full of veggies on the counter after dinner. Why half full? Because my boys are just the right size where 1 can is not enough, but 2 is too many, and I just popped out the exact amount they needed for dinner and left the rest in the can. Yep. It was that kind of night. I know we’ll finish up this can of veggies tomorrow, but I’m sitting there thinking, do I dirty up a tupperware? Cover the can up in foil? Oh the quandary. When I see the Pringles can lid just sitting there. {Because you better believe I’M not putting it away.}… And, DING! {There go those angels singing again!}


April2012 005

Yep! Perfect fit!

The Pringles lid sat nicely right on top of my little can of veggies! Problem solved!! Wam, bam, I put that baby in the fridge and called it a night. {FYI – the Pringles lids are NOT an air tight seal, –see the end of this post for a possible solution – but they do work great for an overnight or short term lid. Also they work great if you need to stack open cans!} Can I get a Woot! Woot!

April2012 004

Of course, I couldn’t just leave mine alone. Once I figured this phenomenal coincidence out, I had to kick it up a notch! So, I got out my Mod Podge and fabric and made over that little veggie can into a craft can!

April2012 006

Um, yeah, we ate the veggies first and I cleaned it out. {Come on, I know SOMEONE was thinking that!} lol

So now the possibilities are endless!! It turns out these cans are just the right size for hot glue gun sticks:

April2012 011


Some gift tags or maybe my “Created by” stamp and stamp pad that I always lose….

April2012 013


The lid actually sits on quite nicely {but doesn’t ‘snap’ on} so if you are still thinking of a tighter sealed solution --- let me recommend – a band of hot glue around the inside lip of the rim.

April2012 015


Again, not airtight, but a little better seal. And either way, these make great little containers that, thanks to Pringles, you can now store and stack to your little heart’s desire!

April2012 007


April2012 006 
I think it will be a new home for my hot glue gun sticks. How about you?
What will you use this little trick for??


Linking up here; and here
Photobucket

5 comments:

The Thriftiness Miss said...

deep sigh... I so love redoing regular household items and making them useful! That's a pretty neat glue gun you have there too ;)

Sallies Kitchen said...

I've come from pin it to win it and absolutely love this.

Brandy Sweet said...

Such a cute idea. I have an entire box of cans, jars, and other containers just waiting to be re purposed :)

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Hi! Visiting from tt&j. Hold the phone! What an amazing find! I am going to us this.. probably daily! Thank you :)

Im going to poke around your site a little more.. I would love for you to share this at my Friday link party! :)

Thrifty Crafty Girl said...

This is a great tip! I love repurposing cans but hadn't thought to use a Pringles lid! Nice job!

I'm your newest follower from the hop!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...