Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Wellness List

Life gets busy and, let’s face it, stressful at times. That must do “to-do” list just seems to keep growing and growing and the list of things I would REALLY like to do {you know, those things that help me relax?} just keeps getting shorter and shorter. 
I figure, if I am going to try hard to take care of my kids, my job and my schedule, then I should try equally hard to take care of my body and soul.
My mom recently sent me an email about her “Wellness List.” This was a list of things that she wanted to do each week to stay happy and WELL. 
My first thought was, this sounds a lot easier to do if your kids are grown and out of the house! Right? This is not so easy if you still have little ones running around. As it is, my boys are 8 and 11 and it took me almost 2 4 days just to find time to sit down and make a list in the first place. But let me tell you, if I can do ANY of these items on this list each week, I’ll be a happy camper. And just the fact that I even a list, makes me feel better already!
The plan: {insert Mission Impossible theme} to cauterize my everyday to-do list and incorporate each week at least three things from the list below... that's right - THREE! So, here we go…

MY WELLNESS LIST

1. Take a bubble bath with my favorite music and Scentsy warmer burning. {Just adding those last 2 elements makes a difference, don't you think?}




2. Get a massage
3. Learn a new word and incorporate it in my vocabulary {see bolded text above. Lol} And yes, being a word nerd comes with the English teacher territory! ;)
4. Get my nails done at a salon.
5. Learn Chinese/Tagalog so I know what the girls in the nail salon are saying about me. {Okay, this one's humorous, but really, what ARE they saying?}
6. Get a babysitter once a week and have a night out with the BF.
7. Read a superficially fun magazine.
8. Learn a new song on the piano.
9. Take a good brisk walk with my thoughts and the sunshine.
10. Make a date with one (or more!) of my girlfriends.
11. Take a dance class.
12. Curl up and watch a silly show that I like. {Friends? American Idol? What do you watch?}
13. Get 8 hours of sleep in one night. {Hey, it could happen!}
14. Play a board game or any game!

          {This is a Minute to Win It game we were playing at a church function!}

I saved the best one for last...


15. Always make sure I have something to look forward too.

That's important, at least to me.
 Some of these things I wrote because I do them already {See #’s 6, 10 and 12} and others I know I would like to do or need to do MORE. {See #13!} I also made sure that at least half of the items on my list were things that cost no money and I could do spur of the moment! And you know what? I already feel better!
And guess what I bought at the library this weekend to  get me started on this list?
 
 
Yep, some sheet music. Nothing major. Just something fun to sit down and learn.

Now, I can't wait! When I have a stressful or busy week, I am just going to pick something off this list and do it!!

How about you? What is on YOUR wellness list?

Photobucket





Linking up here and: The Foley Fam


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” (Matthew 11:28)

5 comments:

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

LOVE this and can't wait to make my own! Featuring you on my networks, feel free to grab a featured button :) You are awesome! Thanks for linkin up!

Samantha said...

Following along via Linky Followers! Love the thought of a wellness list! (And I wish I could do them every day!)

Thanks for posting!

~Samantha
http://www.thepeanutsgang.com/2012/04/ordinary.html

Unknown said...

Oh, I love this. What a good idea to make a list, and really-- what ARE they saying?

Aloha,
Following ya from Follow Me Wed. I'd love it if you'd come as you are and "join the ride" at localsugarhawaii.com. And if you've learned what they're saying I'd love it if you'd share that too!
xo,
Nicole
localsugarhawaii.com

Unknown said...

OH and I'm following ya every which way now pinterest, fb... does that make me a stalker? hmm...

Unknown said...

Ha! Nicole - you are so funny! lol I am following you too girly! :) I wish I could email you directly! Hope you check this!! :) Have a great weekend!!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...